NCEDC, NCFDC, NT Temps
County of Simcoe, Municipalities of Adjala-Tosorontio, Bradford West Gwillimbury, Essa, Innisfil and New Tecumseth
Developing partnerships with South Simcoe municipalities to provide additional community economic development activities to South Simcoe.
Continue to meet and liaise with local municipal economic development staff and committees to strengthen and identify partnership opportunities such as:
- Support activities of the municipal economic development committees and departments
- Provide information to potential new and existing businesses, such as up-to-date statistical and demographic information
- Liaise with local commercial real estate to keep up to date regarding commercial listings
- Identify partnership opportunities (e.g., Business Retention & Expansion and Strategic Planning) to improve efficiencies and reduce duplication
- Actively participate in activities that promote the South Simcoe area
- Work with municipalities on special initiatives such as: growth management studies, visioning exercises, official plan reviews and marketing and branding exercises
- Nottawasaga Futures, in partnership with the Town of Bradford West Gwillimbury, Town of Innisfil, and the Town of New Tecumseth, provides business services, including one-on-one counselling at no charge to assist entrepreneurs in creating a new business or existing businesses looking for guidance in marketing, purchases, exporting, business plans, financial projections, succession plans and sources of financing and programs.