Location, Location, Location
Less than an hour north of Toronto, South Simcoe is the logical choice for your next combined shoots in Ontario. South Simcoe offers many unique filming locations:
- Active working farms and agricultural communities are an integral part of the fabric of the area. Our area is the province's premier location for vegetable production, potatoes, sod and Christmas trees. We also offer century old farmsteads, abandoned houses, modern-working farms, Fall Fairs, the Holland Marsh, and equestrian facilities.
- The graceful shores of Lake Simcoe with stately cottages and beaches. Lake Simcoe is renowned for its year-round, recreational opportunities, as an ice fishing and snowmobile destination during the cold, winter months; to power boating, sailing and swimming in the warmer months.
- Natural wonders and wild areas of the area include the Niagara Escarpment where a number of smaller, family-oriented ski operations, mountain biking facilities, rock climbing, hiking, and outdoor centres are located taking advantage of this natural biosphere feature. Numerous conservation areas, provincial parks, heritage sites, protected areas, and rivers make the most of popular recreational pursuits with trails and canoe routes.
- Looking for a little more speed our area also has a number of privately operated airfields, Sunset Speedway (stock car racing), Georgian Downs (standard bred racing), and the South Simcoe Railway Steam Train.
- Cutting edge, modern industrial facilities, including Baxter Corporation, Munro Concrete, and Honda of Canada Manufacturing as well as thriving commercial areas.
- Tree-lined and well-maintained streets, to established residential neighbourhoods and modern subdivisions.
Our Film Liaison looks forward to working with you in our area to make your next production successful. To get started, the South Simcoe's Film Production Policy and Procedures, and Film Permit application are available for downloading on-line. Call the Film Liaison to further assist you with any of your requirements by calling (705) 435-1540 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.