Becoming a Film-Friendly Vendor in Simcoe County
Unlock the potential of the film industry and grow your business! This immersive workshop is designed to equip local businesses in Simcoe County with the essential knowledge and insights to thrive as vendors in location-based film production.
Led by local film producer Tom Strnad, this workshop provides a comprehensive understanding of the thriving production ecosystem in Simcoe County and what your business needs to know about serving film and television productions.
Join us for this free event on Thursday, January 18, 2024 at 10:00 AM at the Circle Theatre, Alliston.
In this workshop, you will:
- Gain a comprehensive understanding of the film industry in Ontario and its impact on local businesses.
- Discover the essential products and services required by film and television productions.
- Explore the opportunities and challenges of becoming a vendor in the film industry.
- Learn about the film production process and the key factors producers consider when selecting filming locations.
- Identify potential collaboration and synergy opportunities among local businesses and vendors.
- Participate in a Q&A session to seek clarification and network with fellow workshop participants.
This workshop is designed for:
- Hotels and Accommodations
- Catering Companies
- Equipment Rental Companies - Contractor, Party, and Wedding
- Related Industries such as Theatre (Costumes, Props)
- Car Rentals (Modern Rentals and Vintage Rentals)
- Farm Operators (as locations and for temporary studio use)
- Municipal Governments (as locations and liaison opportunities)
- Regional Tourism Groups (as locations)
- Freelancers - Potential Contract and Service Work (from Production Assisting, to Location Managers for Remote Locations, to Environmental Sustainability Liaisons)
- Property Owners (anyone seeking to rent locations for films to use)
- Commercial Warehouse Owners (seeking to rent out for storage, studios)
- Theatre, Auditorium, and Event Locations (seeking to rent out for films as locations)
- Unique Service Providers: Antique Dealers for rentals and props, Galleries for art placement in sets, Product Placement for local providers (e.g., local craft beer, food in film and television as promotion)
- Green Service Providers: Battery-Powered Generators, EV Car Rentals, Composting Services, Food Banks/Community Services to help utilize food not consumed on set (key to sustainability guidelines)
Don't miss out on this incredible opportunity to expand your business and connect with the thriving film community in Simcoe County. Mark your calendars and join us on January 18th!